Anchor Cove Technology is based in the Denver Colorado area,
and develops custom websites, web applications, and desktop computer
applications for clients who need outside or additional assistance.
We recently developed custom websites for Colorado Modular Homes and Rocky
Mountain Remodel, as well as programming a substantial portion of a web
application for a custom home builder that allows customers to interactively
select options for their homes –kind of like a Home Depot shopping cart, but
for specific custom home templates.
Also, several custom desktop applications have been designed
and programmed for clients in the natural resources industries (mining, oil and
gas), including drillhole databases, a downhole sample interval compositing
program, a well log query and mapping program, and a program to estimate
uranium grade from radiometric interval data.
In our work with our resource industry clients we have identified areas
where applications can be developed that could compete with currently existing
applications, but at a much lower cost. Check out the
in Development page to see the applications we are working on, and whether these
applications might be of interest to your company.
In today’s business environment, companies have had to trim workforce,
and are reluctant to hire for new projects, particularly short term projects. We
can provide assistance both in the form of designing and developing new computer
applications , as well as providing assistance in selecting and implementing
software, including enterprise business systems, and mine planning systems and
software for use in the mining industry.
- Website design and development. Analyse and recommend website designs,
follow up with development and programming. Review existing websites to
suggest improvements and/or alternative approaches, such as Content
- Application design, development, and management. Perform analysis of existing systems,
recommend an in-house development or purchase approach to solve the problem at hand,
design the system, and write the code or manage the implementation.
- Conversion of legacy systems to current technology. For example, conversion of spreadsheet
and Microsoft Access in house evolved systems to SQL/Server database integrated
- Conversion of old Fortran and other language programs developed on VAX and IBM mainframes
to efficient C# code running on personal computers or as distributed server based
Keep it simple
We believe strongly in using the KISS philosophy in our software design and programming.
To quote Albert Einstein, “Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler”.
Translated we take this to mean such things as:
- Don’t design overly complex solutions to solve relatively straightforward
- A very elegant solution using the very latest technologies will not necessarily
produce a useful system. We believe strongly that spending considerable time
with system analysis and design before starting to write code will result
in the best solution at the least cost.
- We'll try our best to discuss computer problems in plain english rather than using
information technology abbreviations, acronyms and terminology, although
that's sometimes hard to avoid.
- ASP.NET for web development using MVC4 with Web API.
- Microsoft Visual Studio tools including C# or Visual Basic languages.
- Microsoft Expression products for developing HTML or WPF web sites.
- Microsoft SQL Server for database.
We use Microsoft tools for systems development because we
feel they offer far and away, the best development environment around. These
tools allow us to develop applications more quickly, and more efficiently than
We will not undertake any job we don’t feel qualified to
perform. If you have us in to look at your problem, and we feel we are not
capable of doing a good job we will let you know. We will not say we can do the
job just to get the contract. In this circumstance, we might at least be able
to give some free advice as to how you should proceed.